Now that the weather is cooling down and the leaves are starting to change, it’s time for you to bring out your boots and sweaters. Fall always feels like the perfect time to dress cute, so it’s important to stay on trend. This season has a lot of different looks, from edgy to flirty.
Fall 2017 is all about 70’s-inspired looks. Ruffled and bell sleeves, wide-legged pants, even round glasses are very on-trend at the moment. Autumn-toned floral patterns are also popular this season, featuring deep reds, yellows, greens, and black that add to the 70’s vibes. Red-toned colors are also very popular, and are usually complimented with black and denim items. As for jackets, faux fur, shearling, and corduroy jackets can act as a statement piece to any outfit. Texture is also big this season, with corduroy, denim, suede, and mesh pieces that will pull your fall look together. Mohair and finely knit sweaters will keep you looking stylish and cozy. As for shoes, ankle boots are a great piece to tie a look together. Whether you prefer them solid color or floral-printed, velvet or leather, adding ankle boots will turn any basic t-shirt-and-jeans look to an outfit straight from Pintrest. However, if you live anywhere like San Antonio, you won’t be wearing corduroy jackets and fuzzy sweaters until mid-December. You can still stay on-trend by opting for things like dresses, skirts, and knitted t-shirts, while still rocking those trendy ankle boots. Take a look at the pictures below to get some inspo for your next fall look!
Get this cool corduroy jacket from Urban Outfitters.
Complete your look with these super trendy sunglasses from Forever 21 here .
You can find this groovy striped sweater at Forever 21.
Get this fuzzy mohair turtleneck from H&M.
You can get the pants from Urban Outfitters pictured above here.
Stay trendy in this floral dress from Target.
Planning a wedding can be very stressful and a lot of work for one woman. From planning the smallest of details like the pattern of the groomsmen’s ties to making sure the entire event is running smoothly and on time, your energy can quickly burn out. You place all your focus into having the perfect ceremony and reception, and you might start to feel like the chaos and disorganization is uncontrollable. The last thing you want is a train-wreck wedding! So, to help you out, here are some tips to help you get through the craziness of planning a wedding:
Having a schedule will help you stay on top of things from start to finish. Take the time to make a “to-do” calendar at the beginning of your planning stages to give yourself some deadlines; this will help when figuring out what vendors need to be contacted and what needs to get done. If you’re DIY-ing decorations, keep your crafts and supplies in clear storage bins and label them for easy access.
Stick To Your Budget
Along with being organized, you should set a budget and keep track of how much you’re spending. Plan to leave a little wiggle room for last minute expenses and things you might have forgotten to include in your plans.
Ask for Help
Although you might want to do everything yourself to your liking, you can save time and energy when you ask for some help. your family and friends are more than happy to help you with the decorations, and may have some recommendations when it comes to choosing your vendors.
Don’t Forget About Him
You husband-to-be is just as excited to get married as you are. Involve him in the planning process and make sure every decision you make is something you both agree on.
Take Time For Yourself
While your plans are falling into place and all your attention is on the big day, life is happening. Don’t forget to take time to relax and enjoy it! Take a break by having a spa day with your partner, go to the movies, exercise, or even sleep in an extra hour.
Your plans wouldn’t be possible with the help of others. Your DJ, caterer, decorator, friends, family and so many more work very hard to make your big day everything you’ve been dreaming of. Be sure to say thank you to everyone that contributes to your perfect wedding.
After all your wedding plans lead up to the big day, after you say your “I do’s” and have your first dance as husband and wife, the rest of your life together begins. Before you know it, you’ll be juggling long days at work, hectic afternoons with your kids, keeping the house clean, and making dinner all on a daily basis. That’s why it is important to take time for yourself (and your marriage) before the hustle and bustle of family life takes over.
Your honeymoon gives you the chance to spend time with your spouse and have fun as newlyweds. It’s a reason to travel and see the world with your best friend. You can opt for a lavish tropical vacation and lounge on the beach, backpack across Europe, or even spend a few days at Disney World. You could go on a spa getaway for a weekend, or learn to work with your spouse and test your survival skills on a camping trip. Your honeymoon is a chance to splurge on yourself for once. It’s a chance to bond with your partner and jump into your new life together in a creative and exciting way.
Your honeymoon doesn’t need to be right after your wedding, either. Some couples decide to wait a whole year to go on vacation. This gives you time to save up and plan your trip without wedding plans and expenses getting in the way. Waiting for your honeymoon also gives you time to adjust to your day-to-day life. It is a reason to celebrate the first year of your marriage and all you have accomplished so far.
Your honeymoon is important because it will bring both of you together. It will be an unforgettable milestone in your marriage, and you will make memories you’ll cherish for years.
Along with the thrill of your marriage comes one of the biggest milestones you will experience in your adult life: owning a home. While you’ll definitely be shopping around for basics-furniture, appliances, wall decor and more-you can’t forget things that will make a house your home. With all the endless options of what to buy, we’ve narrowed down 10 must-have items from Amazon that will make your new home unique and your every-day life comfortable.
- Make delicious frozen treats at home with this Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker
- The days of getting up to turn off the lights are over with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch with Remote
- Keep your knives extra sharp with this Knife Sharpener available in three colors
- The iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner will keep your to-do list short so you have more time to break-in your new couch
- Make mornings easier with this Keurig K55 Single Serve Coffee Maker that makes up to 10 ounces of coffee
- With the Roku Express HD Streaming Player you’ll be able to binge watch all your favorite shows and movies from Netflix, Hulu, and more
- And use this Popcorn Maker to make fresh popcorn for all your movie nights
- Keep an eye on your home while you’re away with this Security Surveillance Camera System that you can access from your smartphone
- Need an extra hand? Get an Amazon Echo and ask Alexa to play music, news, make calls, and more
- Lastly, enjoy your patio and make home-made pizza with this Outdoor Pizza Oven
It’s super important to have a SUPER cool sweet sixteen. Not only is it the night you’ve been dreaming of since you were able to talk, but it’s also the biggest night of your life (next to your wedding of course). There’s so much that goes into planning the perfect party: a great DJ, a guest list featuring all your friends and family, a candy table to one-up the last sweet sixteen you went to, and of course the PERFECT dress. If you’re lucky, your parents might even give you a car! However, to set the mood for the perfect night, you’ll need a theme to set the mood for the night. Here’s a list of trendy and timeless themes to make your party worthy of being on My Super Sweet Sixteen:
- Masquerade: Give your party an elegant vibe by making it a masquerade! Ask your guests to bring one of their own or give masks out as a party favor.
- Night in Paris: This theme is both romantic and easy to decorate. Pair colors like black and white with pink or red to add a pop of color. Incorporate mini Eiffel Towers as the table pieces to tie in the theme.
- Princess Theme: Make your little girl dream a reality with this regal theme. Pick your favorite pastel color and add a lot of sparkles or get inspo from your favorite Disney princess.
- Glow in the Dark: This theme is SO FUN! Ask your guests to wear all black and give out glow sticks. Pair this with neon lights and a great music for an awesome dance party.
- Rustic Garden: Decorate your party with lots of flowers, lace, and pearls for a girly-but-mature vibe. Combine it with accents of wood and mason jars to add a vintage touch. You can also add a flowery background for your guests to take pictures.
- Carnival/Circus: Take your guests to the big top by decorating with red and white streamers and balloons. Give out popcorn and cotton candy and maybe have a clown or two.
- Mermaid/Under the Sea: Get tropical with this theme that’s perfect for summer. Decorate with shades of blue, seashells, and pearls to take your guests under the sea.
- Hollywood: Glamour is only the start of this party idea. Decorate with black and white photos, a red carpet, and a photographer to be your paparazzi for the night.