Obtaining a Marriage License in Texas
According to the San Antonio Weddings Magazine, it is recommended to apply one to two weeks before the scheduled day of your wedding ceremony. You can obtain your marriage license at any county courthouse across the state. Here are some of the requirements to keep in mind when obtaining a Texas marriage license.
- Applicants must be present and must provide proof of age and identity with a certified copy of your birth certificate or a certificate, license, or document(e.g., driver’s license, passport, military ID) issued by this state another state, the U.S government or a foreign government.
- Each applicant is required to present a Social Security card or proof of Social Security number
- Legal age in Texas is 18, without parental consent, and the cost is $81(cash)
- Minors must submit a completed parent or guardian consent form. This form is available at the county clerk’s office for Bexar County residents and online for those that reside outside of Bexar County.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time the license was purchased until the time the ceremony can be performed(active duty military personnel are exempt).
- License will expire within 90 days of date of purchase