It’s super important to have a SUPER cool sweet sixteen. Not only is it the night you’ve been dreaming of since you were able to talk, but it’s also the biggest night of your life (next to your wedding of course). There’s so much that goes into planning the perfect party: a great DJ, a guest list featuring all your friends and family, a candy table to one-up the last sweet sixteen you went to, and of course the PERFECT dress. If you’re lucky, your parents might even give you a car! However, to set the mood for the perfect night, you’ll need a theme to set the mood for the night. Here’s a list of trendy and timeless themes to make your party worthy of being on My Super Sweet Sixteen:
- Masquerade: Give your party an elegant vibe by making it a masquerade! Ask your guests to bring one of their own or give masks out as a party favor.
- Night in Paris: This theme is both romantic and easy to decorate. Pair colors like black and white with pink or red to add a pop of color. Incorporate mini Eiffel Towers as the table pieces to tie in the theme.
- Princess Theme: Make your little girl dream a reality with this regal theme. Pick your favorite pastel color and add a lot of sparkles or get inspo from your favorite Disney princess.
- Glow in the Dark: This theme is SO FUN! Ask your guests to wear all black and give out glow sticks. Pair this with neon lights and a great music for an awesome dance party.
- Rustic Garden: Decorate your party with lots of flowers, lace, and pearls for a girly-but-mature vibe. Combine it with accents of wood and mason jars to add a vintage touch. You can also add a flowery background for your guests to take pictures.
- Carnival/Circus: Take your guests to the big top by decorating with red and white streamers and balloons. Give out popcorn and cotton candy and maybe have a clown or two.
- Mermaid/Under the Sea: Get tropical with this theme that’s perfect for summer. Decorate with shades of blue, seashells, and pearls to take your guests under the sea.
- Hollywood: Glamour is only the start of this party idea. Decorate with black and white photos, a red carpet, and a photographer to be your paparazzi for the night.